Field Security Associate At SwissAfrican Foundation
The purpose of the SwissAfrican Foundation is to support projects that contribute to the protection of African flora and fauna, ensure the conservation of endangered species, prevent poaching in Africa, and offer ecological education to local people, especially children.
Swissafricaid is an organization that exists for helping the poor who are neglected and affected. We are recruiting our Filed Security Associate to be based in Maralal, Samburu Kenya.
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the Swissafricaid staff, operations, premises, partners, and persons of concern.
- Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field as required in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; gather and analyze information about the security situation during field missions.
- Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the UNSMS policies, Swissafricaid Policies, and the, Security Risk Management process for the designated area ;
- Conduct checks for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
- Monitor the physical security of Swissafricaid premises and report on deficiencies.
- Monitor and supervise the guard force In accordance with relevant UNSMS policies and guidance.
- Swissafricaid Protection Colleagues in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
- Provide support during the implementation of security-related projects.
- Assist in the monitoring, updating, and reporting of security-related events.
- Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
- Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities, and other relevant agencies.
- Provide security briefings and training to Swissafricaid staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant security risk management processes and measures for the country concerned to include security situation updates, , the warden system, communication notification, and reporting procedures, travel planning procedures road air and fire safety.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
- Provide security-related advice to the manager and other staff.
- Maintain liaison and build relationships with Host Government Security Forces and security counterparts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G6 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher