Finance Assistant Intern At Palladium
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create a positive impact on communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Collate all vendor invoices and file them in the vendor invoices file.
- Match invoices to the Purchase order, goods received notes for posting into the financial system.
- Confirm that the prices charged as per the invoices matches the Purchase order.
- In liaison with the procurement team, follow up credit notes in case of overcharges or short supply.
- Reconcile vendor GL accounts with the vendor statements monthly.
- In liaison with the procurement team, follow up with the vendors for invoices in the statements.
- File payment vouchers manually and electronically after payments.
- Attach evidence of payments for all the payments made to the payment vouchers.
- Support the finance team in ensuring all statutory deductions are paid on time and evidence of payment is obtained and filed.
- Work with other finance team members in processing payments to the vendors.
- Support procurement team in planning and managing field travels and logistics.
- Keep petty cash as guided by Palladium Kenya procedures.
- Make petty cash payment payments after approvals and ensure required support documents are provided.
- Submit petty cash voucher to Finance and Admin, Associate for posting.
- Reconcile petty cash balance with the ledger daily.
- Avail petty cash and petty logs for surprise cash count at any time when requested.
- Initiate petty cash replenishment process as soon as replenishment level is achieved.
- Ensure the office has enough petty cash balance to support the operations.
- Maintain accurate records, and photocopies and file appropriate documents as needed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, and ensure the office is sufficiently stocked with supplies.
- Maintain records, documentation, and files for finance, operation & administration work.
- Work with the team to ensure timely payment of utilities and other bills.
- Perform other duties delegated by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business course preferably in finance and accounting from a recognized University.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Time management and prioritization skills.