Project Coordinator Job AT SwissAfrica Foundation
The purpose of the SwissAfrican Foundation is to support projects that contribute to the protection of African flora and fauna, ensure the conservation of endangered species, prevent poaching in Africa, and offer ecological education to local people, especially children.
The position holder will be responsible for putting in place social protection networks and systems that protect women and children from violence; ensuring transformed attitudes and perceptions on the values and roles of women and children in society, increasing access to rehabilitation services, and protection from violence; and ensuring increased ownership and entitlement of production assets and resources by marginalized women and children.
1. Project Implementation and Management
• Oversee the day-to-day implementation of all project activities, providing constructive supervision to the project team to implement, monitor, and evaluate work plans including monitoring & evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Program Director and in coordination with the National Program Development Advisor.
• Lead the field-based team in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the Resilience Building for Refugees (ReBuilD) projects
• Support the field team in timely quality implementation, monitoring of the work plans and reporting ensuring that activities are in line with the project strategy, and reflect the commitments Swissafricaid made to the donor and the community.
• Work with the field team to plan for future program directions in terms of beneficiary needs, new sites, and/or new programs
• Ensure compliance with Swissafricaid and donor finance and logistics guidelines, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
• Contribute to assessments, project design, and budgeting.
• Ensure the project is in compliance with Swissafricaid, donor, and national requirements
2. Communication, Coordination, and Representation
• Represent the Swissafricaid Kenya with local government authorities (administrative, sectoral, and security officials), non-state actors, UN agencies, and other NGOs at the field level. Engage and or delegate to the project team for sector representation as appropriate.
• Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at the district level including donors, government actors, local traditional leadership, beneficiary populations, and their representatives, etc.
• Represent Swissafricaid Kenya with beneficiaries and communities to encourage accountability to those we serve.
• Coordinate Swissafricaid Kenya project activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies. Acting as the main focal point for interactions with donors and partners,
• Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Project Planning and Management, International Relations, Gender & Conflict, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, and any other relevant management or technical field.
• Proven working experience at the management level in humanitarian assistance or development within an international environment, preferably with non-governmental organizations.
• Professional experience in managing protection, Gender-Based Violence, livelihoods, or/and child protection projects in refugee environments. Preference is given to candidates with experience in more than one area.
• Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams in a cross-cultural context.
• Knowledge and experience in cooperation with governmental and international agencies in the field of refugee assistance, advocacy, and emergency is essential
• Strong diplomatic skills. Ability to establish good working relationships with partners, donors, and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
• Strong people management skills: the ability to effectively lead and supervise the team.
• Advanced computer skills including Ms word processing, Ms excel, database systems, and PowerPoint.
• English fluency required.