Senior Manager Health & Impact Job At Living Goods
At Living Goods we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends, and communities. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortif…
Purpose Of Role
To offer overall technical guidance in RMNCH, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria intervention areas and lead the process of capacity building on the same for staff and CHV. To ensure that LG is aligned to national and international health policy documents while building networks with key Ministry of Health officials to ensure inclusivity and participation of LG.
- Define the technical direction for LGK and guide the implementation.
- Provide health-related technical expertise on research activities within LG.
- Use data to provide technical guidance in improving the quality of health services delivery by community health workers.
- Oversees continuous quality improvement of service delivery with adherence to clinical protocols.
- Training: Oversee development and revision of all key training, job aids, and other diagnostic tools, ensuring they comply with the Ministry of Health, and relevant global health standards and best practice.
- Provide technical advice on new and/or innovative approaches to service delivery models.
- Provide technical advice to the business development team to facilitate the development of high-quality grant proposals.
- Contribute to the development of LG policies, guidelines, and strategic plans.
- Manage, supervise, and build a high-performing team to ensure the effective delivery of the LG strategic plan.
- Coach and mentor, mid-level managers to build their capacity to effectively manage their team members.
- Identify opportunities for growth for members of the health team and support career planning across the team – Lead the recruitment of exceptional talent for my team and support their integration into the LG team.
- Provide project management oversight to selected projects and initiatives.
- Build key networks with the National government/Ministry of health officials, and stakeholders (donors and implementing partners) and participate in their forums to influence national policy for community health service delivery.
- As an advocate for community health services represents Living Goods at technical and other fora including national-level technical working groups and conferences and manages relationships between LG and other stakeholders.
- Engage implementing partners, donors, and other stakeholders during partnership engagements and donor visits to Living Goods.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Medicine/ Public Health with clinical / research experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with three (3) years managerial level.
- Experience in Public Health, Community Health, or a related field is an added advantage.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Ability to analyze, comprehend, and articulate the operational goals and strategic plan of the organization to guide decision-making.
- Leads the development of an operational plan contributing to a longer-term organizational strategy.
- Provides leadership ineffective management and stewardship of programs/business units.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills and high levels of integrity.
- Builds commitment through collaboration, consultation, and consideration of the stakeholders and the teams.